2015年11月9日 星期一

Road Trip(Narrative)



  Although there are countless roads in the world like stars in the sky, I will never forget the one nearby my grandmother’s house which is vivid in my childhood.

  About ten years ago, the road is short and pretty lush. It is half of asphalt and half of mud. Most of the houses beside are gray and old, but covered with moss and ivy. Also, my neighbors have green finger; they planted sweet olive, azalea, kumquat, Periwinkle, and even vegetables like yam, scallion, loofah and cucumber. Many pot cultures beside like a long garden, made the road full of vitality.

  My family and I used to take this road when we went to market. Sometimes we walked, and sometimes my mother would carry me by bike. We always sing nursery rhymes when passing through the happy road.

  It was really happy then. However, everything changed in recent years.

  We moved out when I was seven years old, and we seldom went back to grandma’s house because of my parent’s busy working. But what I know is that, there were less and less green on my little road every time I saw it. My neighbors didn’t have enough time to take care of them. Furthermore, as urbanization goes on, more and more buildings were built. Concrete and tar everywhere. There is no space for green to live, just gray was left.



  Everything is gone now except the beautiful memory. I can recall the time after raining, in the evening, of the road. The setting sun is a drop of burning gold on luminous clouds which are red, pink, orange and purple. There were a breeze blowing, with a smell of rain and earth. There were the melodies of childish songs. There were my childhood. I can only keep it, but move on.

  Though I have walked on many roads as countless as the stars, I prefer the sunset to those stars. The unnamed road will be always irreplaceable.


2015.11.10

4 則留言:

  1. I think the most interesting part is that you and your parents sing nursery rhymes happily. Besides, you have done well on detailing the road and describing the scene vividly.

    回覆刪除
  2. Nice descriptive writing. You do a good job of setting the scene, especially describing the sunset and the breeze. I like the stars imagery, too.
    Pay attn. to verb tense.

    回覆刪除
  3. I like how you make the comparison of the road between before and now. You used many vivid words to describe the vitality of the road it used to be and compared it with the urbanization the road had become.

    回覆刪除
  4. The interesting part is that you always sing the nursery rhymes while passing through the road, it brings the sound and picture vividly of the childhood. I think you done well on arranging the opening of the paragraph, I like the way that you use the simile to describe the road.

    回覆刪除