2016年4月12日 星期二

My Favorite Sight



  Before I was fifteen, I thought those magnificent sights were all in nature in foreign countries. Seeing the pictures of pretty view, it feels pity that I couldn’t live in another place like America, Australia or Japan. Somehow I forgot my own proud to my country, and I ignore how beautiful my culture can be.

  When I was fifteen, I went to Jiu fen Old Street with my friend. I was not expect the trip this time since I had had bad memories about it before. It was a hot summer day, crowded people like sardine squeeze themselves in a long, narrow alley. The smell of sweat and the noisy people made mixed together. So dizzy and so uncomfortable. All I want to do is to leave there as soon as possible. If it wasn’t my friend’s invitation, I would never go there twice again.



  Jiu fen Old Street is in mountain, public transportation there wasn’t very convenient, only few tourist bus would drive there. The road to Old Street was steep and twisted, the big metal box was wobble. Although it was a good weather, the beginning of the trip is too dangerous for us to think anything.

This time we went to other spots instead of the golden museum and Old Street. We got off at the first step, an abandoned building of coal industry. There seems only silence between the building and I. It looks enormous and stately while sun shone on it. It looks a little greyish blue as if the sky had colored it for years. I could imagine how prosperous here used to be, and now how lonely it was. The building has stayed on the mountain for over fifty years, it sees yin yang sea directly, the yellow and the blue merge; it breathes the air from the east bay, fresh and salty and sulfured; It listens to the song which birds and trees chorus. Like what I did. It was beautiful than any picture I have seen.





Before I was fifteen, I only been to Jiu fen Old Street and Gold Museum. Crowded, narrow and dizzy is the three negative words first come up to my mind when it comes to it. The building is neither natural, nor in foreign country. However, it was the representative of Jiu fen history, and it will be the first positive word of Jiu fen in my mind.



(These pictures don't belong to me, they belong to this website:【瑞芳九份景點】天空之城的傳奇。水金九-水湳洞十三層舊礦廠遺址)

1 則留言:

  1. I like the description you are using when you describe the feelings, smells and the views in paragraph two. You describe the scene using words like "sardine squeezing in the long alley" and it makes me picture the overcrowded place vividly in my mind.
    You also use the building as a good comparison between the crowded old street. I suggest you could focus more on how the building turns out to be your favorite sights. Overall, I think you did a good job.

    回覆刪除